Civil DesignerFull time Dubai Jobs posted 2 weeks ago
We are currently looking for a Civil designers in Dubai that draft civil engineering designs for roadways, water and sewage lines, drainage, and land grading specifications for commercial and residential building sites using maps and topographical surveys. They primarily work in office environments, but also sometimes travel to proposed building sites. These professionals report directly to project engineers. They find full-time and independent contractor work with building and architectural firms, construction companies, governments, and private businesses of all kinds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Draft both 2D and 3D designs of piping systems, utilities, roadways, and other infrastructure systems for proposed building projects.
Interpret civil engineering drawings and building plans to determine where to place utility and piping systems.
Read maps and land surveys to note land grading, nearby structures, and other factors that could affect the placement of piping and utility systems.
Adhere to city, county, and state laws regarding design and building code requirements and submit proposed design plans to governments for approval.
Responsible for staying up-to-date on local coding laws to ensure that designs stay within legal parameters and that proper building permits are obtained for proposed building projects.
Review sketches and drawings of proposed designs to ensure that all codes are being followed and plans are accurate.
Skills and Qualifications
Should well-organized professionals who know how to use CAD software and other computer drawing programs to design infrastructure elements for planned building projects.
- Are detail-oriented, and able to carefully analyze maps, surveys, and drawings to plan functioning infrastructure systems
- Have excellent computer skills to work with multiple types of design software
- Work closely with engineers, government officials, and other staff members, which requires good verbal communication skills
- Work within tight timeframes and strict deadlines, good time-management skills are essential for this job
- Have good critical thinking skills to troubleshoot potential problems with plans, designs, and sketches as well as adjustment plans as needed
- Have strong multi-tasking abilities to juggle many different tasks and work on several design projects at once while maintaining focus
***DUE TO THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED***
Trendycareer.ae or any Trendy career representative will never ask for money against any job. The trendy career does not give you any guarantee of confirmed jobs. we are just a jobs sharing platform.
if you receive any call/SMS/Email posing as a trendy career and ask you to give money against any job, Please do not respond as it can be a scam.